La Jolla Dental Bonding
Dental bonding provides an affordable solution to minor cosmetic issues such as cracks or chips. In the La Jolla office of Dr. Moeckel, you can discover the value of a painstaking dental bonding process.
There are a number of concerns for which the bonding procedure is appropriate. Patients may regain brighter, more consistent shading on a stained tooth or teeth, or may find bonding a suitable way to reshape a tooth. The painless procedure is undertaken with a focus on the little details that bring out the best in your smile.
What to Expect
During your consultation with Dr. Moeckel, the focus is on your concerns and your desired appearance. If dental bonding is fitting to your situation, treatment may be completed in one day. The restorative treatment involves these steps:
- Surface enamel is roughened slightly.
- The surface may be etched and bonding primer is applied.
- Bonding composite is applied. Usually several layers of composite will be needed with varying shades and translucencies used to achieve a natural final appearance.
- Each layer of bonding material is hardened with a light that has a particular wavelength that will activate the hardening agents in the composite.
- The restoration is shaped to its final contours, with special attention given to the minute characteristics that achieve natural beauty.
- The tooth is polished and you are ready to go about your day!
Bonded teeth can withstand normal chewing activity. However, there are a few factors that can affect the longevity of results. Patients are encouraged to take good care of their teeth, brushing and flossing daily. Teeth should not be used to open packages, and hard objects should not be chewed. Because bonding material is similar to enamel, staining can occur from smoking, tea, coffee, and red wine. Lastly, professional checkups and cleanings are vital to the care of cosmetic dental work.
Depending on your desired aesthetic, lifestyle habits, and the extent of improvement sought, you may want to consider porcelain veneers as the most suitable treatment. Dr. Moeckel will provide you with the full extent of information you need to determine which procedure is right for you.
Dr. Moeckel has the expertise to perfect the details of bonding material to achieve outstanding beauty.
To learn more about dental bonding, schedule your consultation at (858) 452-1504. Alternatively, you can fill out this form, and we will call you back.